Wednesday, May 20, 2015

With Changes Come Blessings-Bananeros Guayaquil Week Fourty Two

For those of you who remembered but just "forgot" to write me, thanks for the birthday wishes. It really does mean a lot. 

Changes

So Tuesday morning we were just chilling in the District Meeting when my District Leader hands me the phone. On the phone was the zone leaders and they informed me that I had changes and had to go home immediately to pack and get ready. We quickly ran back to the house, packed super fast and then I left Santa Monica. I am still in the same zone but just in a different sector. This sector is like 5 times bigger than the other and we share it with 2 other missionaries. My new companion in Elder Montoya. He is from Peru and is an awesome missionary. We get the work done and have a good time while doing it. My companion was in this sector for a little bit before so we use his connections to find people and with the members. It is pretty cool. We have a lot of new missionaries coming and other things going on here.  Now more than ever we have no idea for how long we will be in a sector or with a companion. 

Blessings

My companion and I were sent to open the sector. So basically we started from square one. Because of my companions previous knowledge it wasnt necessarily square one but pretty close. However thanks to the Lord we had a pretty successful week here in this sector. We met some awesome people or some that before had talked with the missionaries  and are super interested. Honestly the harder we worked the more blessings we saw. It was like people fell from the sky some time. One of the biggest blessings is that this week we are going to have a baptism. We also have some others that are preparing for a baptism. It was a successful but draining week as well. Never before was I so excited for a pday to relax. Going to keep working hard to keep the work moving forward here at the same pace. Amazing how the Lord works. If we trust in him and do his will then he is obligated and will bless us. 

Birthday

Basically my birthday has become a national holiday here in Ecuador. Now I know lying is bad but that is the truth. Birthdays actually are just like every other normal day here in the mission. The members invited us to there house to have a party, kinda. Basically just eat hamburgers and cake. Should be pretty fun. Look for it on your Ecuador Calenders tho. May 18th, Birthday of Elder Shanklin. You might need to write it in but i promise it is a real holiday. And just so all of you know it isnt to late to send packages for the birthday.

thanks for all the love and support

Life is a sport, make is count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment