Tuesday, May 17, 2016

My Return To Cuenca-Cuenca Week Ninety Three

So this week has had a suprising twist to it. Nothing to important or cool but it was something that I wasnt expecting at all. 

Changes

Friday night I recieved a friendly phone call from Elder Donayre, my zone leader and an ex-companion of mine. We chatted for a little and I really didnt understand the point of the call. We then tells me, "Thanks for all the work that you have done here in the zone. You destroyed it. But you have changes." I was a little flustered and mad at the same time. The first thing that came to my mind was I need to tell bye to my converts. The gave me just enough time to be able to pack my things and say goodbye to everyone in my old sector. I really had no idea where I was going to go but in the back of my mind rose the thought that is was possible a return to Cuenca. And boom. Here I am in Cuenca after 15 months. I am in the very same sector that I was in before. It was great to see most of my converts active and going to church. I need to help one of them submit his mission papers before I leave here. 

New Companion

My new companion is Elder Sican from Jalapa, Guatemala. We actually have the same time in the mission which is super rare. He is a way good missionary and in no time we should explode this sector. President sent us here because before and up till now the missionaries hadnt been working super hard and we have the privledge to practically open up the sector again. We are on the hunt of great families. We are just going to hit the pavement. Finding, teaching, and baptizing. Pray for us. It wont be anything easy. We will need all the help we can get. I know the time is short but there is still so much time to invite other to come unto Christ. That is what I will do until the moment I finish. 

Hope everyone has a great week. Enjoy the vacations and the summer time. It is pretty cold right now in Cuenca and it is raining alot. So enjoy it. Thanks for all the love and support. 

Life is a Sport, Make it Count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment