Sunday, December 21, 2014

I Took Strike Three Looking-Machala Week Twenty

Hopefully everyone had a great last week and are ready and excited for the holidays!! Just gonna go for it

Weather Update
So it is December 15 and I am here to tell you that it is still hot. Yesterday was hot, today is hot, and tomorrow most likely will be hot. However, if you dont believe me you can come and test it out for yourself. I promise you that it will still be hot, or hotter when you come to visit. When it rains here it is weird. Because everyone just runs into there house like it is acid rain or something. However, when it rains it sprinkles for like 4 minutes and then it stops. So in reality in is nothing great. I hope everyone is enjoying the snow and maybe the ice there in Missouri or wherever you are. Wouldnt mind wearing a sweater right now. 
Christmas around the town.

Capacitacion
So in spanish there is a phrase that goes like this "Me quede durismo" which basically means I messed up big time. ANd that is exactly what I did. So we had a capacitacion with president on thursday and all the missionaries that completed their 12 weeks recently had to answer a question that president asked. Everything went. I was the 2nd to last to go. All the previous questions I knew and where totally easy. I step up to the batters box, and the dude threw a curve ball. I study every morning and enjoy it, but something that I havent study a ton is the techniques of cuenca. So when he threw that at me it was like I took strike 3 looking. Tried my best to work my way around and finally did. After the president told me it was great and used it as an example so the missionaries would practice all the techniques. Not sure if that it good or bad. However I got my little pin, and I have since studied all the techniques multiple times. 
 A little piece of Christmas from home.

Sick
So yesterday I woke up running a temp of 102 degrees and tons of pain in my body. I dont want to brag but I woke up and did exchanges with missionaries to help them at 7 in the morning. And somehow made it till after church. Lets just saw there is no way that I wasnt going to see the fruits of my labors. I made it till after church and then at like 7:30 I like dead. Completed the day and then planned, and then hit the hay. Lets just say the moment my head hit the pillow I was gone. Today I am alot better. A little pain but most is gone.
Christmas lights to add to the holiday spirit.

Fashionably late
So thursday was the missions annual christmas devotional here in Machala. It was supposed to start at 7. At 7 there was literally like 20 people in the chapel. I was thinking Im not singing if there is only this many people. At 730 the whole chapel, overflow, gym, and stage was completely full of people. I am not sure what happened, but I have learned an important lesson. If you want people to show up on time, you need to put the start time 30 minutes early in Ecuador!

Thanks for all the support and prayers!! TIme is flying. Looking forward to Christmas. 

Life is a sport, make it count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment