Thursday, December 11, 2014

Reunited At Last-Machala Week Nineteen

Another week down, and I am still here in Vencedores. This wont be a super long letter because time is short and nothing really happened

Round 2
So if everyone remembers my first week in Ecuador I had a meal that I had to put in a napkin and then feed it to the dogs later that night (pasta with mayonnaise). The other day we had the same meal. When she brought the food out I thought "oh no, not again I cant eat it". To my surprise I began to eat it and I enjoyed it. The exact same meal that I had had 3 months before. Then the impossible happened, I accepted seconds. So if you are wondering if I have changed, or what has changed. I can tell you that my taste buds have definitely changed. Which I know will make my mom a happy.
Missionary selfie in the bathroom....even in Ecuador!

My long lost son
So as a gringo I stick out like a sore thumb here in Ecuador. People love to say " hey you mister 1,2,3" or "hello my friend". It doesn't bother me and it isn't note worthy but what happened this week was totally awesome. I was walking down the street with the companion, and the other two missionaries that live in the house, and something sweet and funny happened. A kid that was probably 6 years old ran up to me yelling PAPA, PAPA, PAPA and gave me a huge. I didn't know what else to do so I just went along with it and said MI HIJO, MI HIJO, como estas? It was really awesome and funny. We talked with this kid for like 30 seconds and then he ran away. One of the perks of being gringo, cool stuff happens.
Christmas Devotional
As missionaries, or as the mission, we have a devotional this upcoming week. Just wanted to let everyone know because that means the next pday there are going to be some fly photos. So everyone needs to prepare yourself.
The work is moving along rapidly here in Ecuador and especially in Machala. As a zone we are in first place in all of the mission. It has been a privilege to be here in Vencedores. The whole Christmas spirit doesn't really exist here in Ecuador. There are some houses with lights and trees but the majority have nothing. It is crazy to think that there are only a couple weeks until Christmas. So anyone that wants to send a package, there is still time! Thanks for all the support!
Life is a sport, make it count!
Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment