Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Changes And Surprises-Guayaquil Week Fourty Six

First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my older brother, Brady. You guys will be seeing him in 10 days so make sure and tell him happy birthday for me. 

Well this week was definitely filled with changes and surprises...

Changes

So last week I think I said that my companion was for sure going to have changes. Monday night I was joking with him as he was packing when the phone rang. I handed it to my companion knowing it was for him. Unexpectedly he passed the phone to me and said "Its for you". I answered and was told that I had changes. Then I proceeded to pack and my companion began to make fun of me. The roles practically switched. My new companion is Elder Narro. He is 27 years old, and has 21 months in the mission and is from Peru. We are the zone leaders here in Guayaquil. Pretty crazy and unexpected change. Like I wasn't expecting it at all. Everything is good though. It is a new experience and I am learning a ton everyday. I know I will need the help of the Lord to be able to fulfill this responsibility that the President has given me.
I love the soccer jerseys.....I am pretty sure his entire suitcase will be full of these.

Baptism

There was already a baptism programmed for this week here in my sector so that was nice. Her name is Ana. She is super cool and has actually been in the church for like 4 months just not baptized. She gets super nervous and sometimes backs out of the commitment. This time we made sure that she stayed committed and she ended up getting baptized Friday. Super awesome. She asked me to baptize her when her friend didn't show up, but then he showed up like right before i was about to baptize her so he changed and then baptized her. That is where there are photos of me in white and regular clothes.
Elder Shanklin, Elder Narro, Ana and other missionaries

Elder Shanklin, Ana, Ana's friend, Elder Narro

Visits

On Saturdays we always have a Zone meeting. It is something normal. Saturday was my first one and just by chance the assistants showed up. Everything went good and we talked with them after. 

This week was filled with lots of changes and surprises. Most for the better. Thanks for all the love and support.

Life is a sport, make it count

Elder Shanklin 

No comments:

Post a Comment