Sunday, June 28, 2015

Experience Requires Effort-Isla Trinitaria Guayaquil Week Fourty Seven

Sure this are a lot of mixed emotions as Brady is coming home this week. Wish I could be there, but the Lord has called me to be here and to that call I will be faithful. 

Capacitacion

Once a month the leaders from all the zones have a meeting with president. This week was it. Early of tuesday morning we were in the chapel listening to President Torres give us counsel and guidance in how we can better lead our zones. The truth is being new I learned a ton of things. How I can better myself and those missionaries around me as well. I dont have much time in the mission, but something that president said was "Experience doesnt come with time, it comes with effort." That helped me to realize that although I am not the missionary with the most time, I still have input at the table. The President Godoy from the 70 came and spoke to us. Was a very spiritual uplifting meeting. He directed most of his thoughts towards solving problems that stop us from progressing.  Good start to the week.
Elder Shanklin and Elder Narro at Zone Leader Training


Visits

The assistants came this week and spent a couple hours with us. It is always good to see and talk with them. They always have good things to say and help us improve and find solutions to the problems we encounter. 

Patience

One of the things that I have learned since being called as zone leader is patience. People always are calling you needing this and that and whatever thing. We have to run errands for the office and do a variety of different things. Really I just want to put work in my sector, but the time is sparing. I have learned patience and how to balance my time. This week we will be having 1 baptisms. It is the son of a less active that we recently have activated again. It has been cool to see them progress together. 
Scripture Case made from Iguana

Homecoming

I am sure everyone is anxious for the homecoming of Elder Shanklin in Norway. I can only imagine my mom right now. Crazy to think that 2 years already passed by and that wednesday he will be in the house. Make sure to say hi to him for me because you will see him before I will. Hopefully everything goes smooth, that there isnt any layovers, or any of that junk. The mission doesnt end after 2 years so I am certain he will keep working.
Elder Shanklins Iphone 7.   This made him feel better about his
brother being home and getting a new phone!

Thanks for all the love and support!

Life is a sport, make it count 

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment