Monday, July 13, 2015

Dude I Am Broke-Isla Trinitaria Guayaquil Week Fourty Eight

Well I am sure everyone is thrilled that Brady is home and so I doubt anyone will be reading this. Therefore I will keep it short and sweet.

Broke

I had always heard from the missionaries that as a zone leader you are always broke. I didnt believe it till I lived it, or am currently living it. There last week we have survived off of bread and water. Plus the members are super awesome here and give us dinner to take to the house. So thanks to them we are still alive. Here in this sector everyone always asks for 25 cents. Normally we just tell them we dont have anything and keep walking. Me, being gringo, am the main target. This week as we were walking someone asked me for me. I told them I didnt have anything and was broke. He asked me again. Dude I am broke, I replied. He didnt believe me so I took out my money holder and opened it and shook it up and down. In that moment he believed me and finally left me alone.


The missionaries in Elder Shanklins Zone 

Investigators

This week we have been working really hard and we have seen some results. This week is everything goes good we will be having 1 possibly 2 baptisms. Also we meet a super awesome family, who are married. The came to church and sunday and we are working super hard with them so that they progress more. It is awesome to teach families. The have 4 kids and the kids are pretty awesome as well. They are the family Contreras Santos. Hopefully there are good things to come. 

Farewell
Today are changes. Here in this mission nobody is safe. Doesnt matter if you have 6 months in a sector or 1 hour. There are possibilities of you having changes. I could be here in this sector tomorrow or not. I hope that I get to stay here a little bit longer to work with the missionaries here and help the zone out. Time is flying by. It goes by even faster as a zone leader. 

Thanks for all the prayers and support!

Life is a sport, make it count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment