Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Church Was Robbed...Isla Trinitaria Guayaquil Week Fifty Two

This week was filled with adventures and with changes. Something that hadnt been happening lately in my letters
Cambios
First things first, Wednesday my companion received a phone call at 5 in the afternoon saying that he had changes and would have to be in the office at 9 at night. Pracitcally when any missionary gets that call you know what is happening. Well there are 2 possible options. You did something really bad or you are going to Galapagos. My companion didnt do anything bad and so he went to Galapagos. That meant I had to wake up at 5 the next morning to take him to the airport and that wait for the arrival of my new companion in the office of the mission. My new companion is Elder Kindred. He has like 23 and a half months in the mission. So practically those that are going to BYUI tell him hi for me when you see him there. We will only be companions for a short time but I have to learn as much as possible from him. He was an assistant to the president here in the mission and knows how to work smart and effectively. Things are already getting better here in the zone.

Elder Kindred and Elder Shanklin

Thefts
Just to give everyone a good laugh. This week two teenagers thought it would be funny to break in the church. First they cut the electric fence. Not sure how but they did. Next the some how got the doors open. People are smart here. But this is when the smart people just messed up. Of all the things that could have taken they stole the clock off the wall and the fire extinguisher. I am not sure why you need a wall clock or a fire extinguisher but that is what they took. I hope those things help them in whatever that are doing in the lives. It is the first time this has happned, nor do I doubt it will be the last.
Looks like they are ready to find the thiefs

I would be afraid...very afraid!
Investigators.
Recently we have been working with a family and working with a couple less actives and there family members that arent members. Things seem to be improving for them and they are, from what it looks like, starting to form their own testimonies. In the next few weeks there should be photos sent in all white. Things are great here in Ecuador. It is super hot here but I can deal with the heat if it means helping others.
Thanks for all the love and support.
Life is a Sport, Make it count
Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment