Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Surprise Wedding-Loja Week Sixty Six

So hopefully everyone had a great Halloween. If you knock on a door here and say trick or treat you will most likely get the door slammed in your face. Just so you all know. 

Building a house

This week we are going to be having a baptism. His name is Angel and he works building houses with his friend who is a member. They start work at 7 in the morning and go tell 7 at night so in order to teach him we go visit them during there lunch break and that makes it easier for all of us. The house they are constructed in found in the mountains and to get there you have to be on the bus for like 1 hour. It is a crazy ride but it has some really great views. This week we set apart some time to help them out with service. Practically what we did was rise material to the 3rd floor and then make concrete. I didnt really how messy we would get till I went home my pants where completely covered in concrete powder. It was a cool experience and bless we got to know each other pretty well. He started to teach us his indigenous language and we were teaching him english. I still cant say a single word in his language because it is super difficult but I am learning.
Loja Zone

Loja Zone

Wedding

As you all know last week we had a baptize. This week to our surprise he got married. He got married to the member of the church that shared the gospel with him time ago. It was such a cool experience to be present in there wedding and to share that privledge with them. However the coolest part was afterwards when he asked us a question. The conversation went like this. "How much time till you go home" I replied "9 months and my companion 10 months." He then says to us " Well that is too bad I guess you will miss our temple wedding." I was completely in shock and assured him I would do the possible in order to attend his wedding. So mom and dad start saving.

The married couple

The lovely wedding cake

Preparation day

Today we have done some fun things because it is the last day of someone here in the zone. We basically have been taking lots of pictures and then buying some things and all that stuff. We learned how to make pantacones which are basically friend unriped bananas. I can teach you how to make them when I get back. They are so good with cheese and eggs. Basically just saying goodbye to a good friend here in the zone.
Fried unripe bananas

smashing them

The finished product

This week was a good week. Learned a lot and my love for Loja and the people here keeps growing. There are changes there and I dont know if I will stay or go but I guess we will see. 

Thanks for all the love and support. 

Life is a sport, Make it Count

Elder Shanklin 

No comments:

Post a Comment