Sunday, November 29, 2015

Farewell Loja...Or Not!-Loja Week Sixty Nine

So basically I will be super short in this email. Just to let everyone know I am still alive and doing well in the mission.

Elder Collins and Elder Shanklin


Don't Freak Out

Just to let everyone know I am still alive and doing just fine here in the Mission. I bet like everyone was freaking out so I figured I would send this message to calm the nerves of my followers. We had Leadership Council on yesterday so we spent Monday traveling and didn't have time to write. They called us on 1030 and told us we had to leave in an hour so we didn't even have time to open the computers. All day Monday we spent in the bus, then yesterday we had leadership council and got back to Loja at 2 in the Morning. It was crazy. And I still hate buses. I feel like I have made that trip millions of times. By the way I am still in Loja and still with my same companion, Elder Collins. We must be doing something good because we still have a bunch of time together in the this zone. The zone has really been progressing and we have had lots of baptisms, so things are good.
Planking???

Elder Shanklin in Loja

Farewell Party

In this short time here in Loja we have done a lot in this branch to help them progress and to make them more united and they really love us for that. This Sunday they thought that one of us was going to have changes and so they threw us a farewell party in the church, and a couple families invited us to eat, and it was a great time. It was the first and maybe the last time that a ward has thrown a party especially for us. At first I thought that my time in Loja wouldn't be that great and it was be difficult, but with time I have grown to love this city and the people. Both members and nonmembers. Things are not super easy but it still is great. 
Farewell party in Loja

Just kidding....we are still here.


Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and I apologize for not writing everyone personally this week and not writing a lot. Time is scarce and so I just want everyone to know that I am okay. 

Thanks for the love and support!

Life is a sport, Make it Count 

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment