Tuesday, December 29, 2015

An Early Christmas Gift-Fransisco Segura Guayaquil Week Seventy Three

As the Christmas Season approaches it is acceptable that everyone recieves a gift. This week a recieve a gift from President or should I say, a change.

Changes

This week I went from Loja, from the cold and mountains, to Guayaquil, the warm coastline. I am still adjusting to the climate change. It is difficult. I was able to say goodbye to a couple of my converts and some members in Loja and I wont lie it was pretty hard to say bye to some of them because it had become like home. However, no I am here in Guayaquil ready to work and ready to baptize. The work will not stop. Doesnt matter where I am or who I am with. I am in the sector Fransisco Segura en the Centenario Stake. My new companion is Elder Rios. He is from Peru and had 14 months in the misison. Together we are the zone leaders here. The office and assistents are part of the zone which is pretty interesting but always pretty fun. The ward is super awesome here and in no time we should have some baptisms so dont worry. The pictures will come. 

Spiritual Experience

So this week my companion and I had a sorta kinda cool spiritual experience together. We were at the house of members, when the husband just collasped and wasnt breathing. It that very moment the only thing I could think and say was get out of our way we will give him a blessing and call 911. The coolest part is he was struggling to breath but as soon as we placed our hands over his hand he took the biggest breath and starting recieving strength and being able to respond with his eyes. It was truly a miracle and I learned lots about the Priesthood and the power that we hold. We should always live worthily to be able to use our priesthood in times like these. What an incredible experience. 

Things have been great here and I am looking forward to pass Christmas here this year in Guayaquil. Being my last Christmas and all....Not Trunky. Hope everyone has a great Christmas. FELIZ NAVIDAD. 

Thanks for all the love and support. 

Life is a sport, Make it Count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment