Tuesday, December 29, 2015

White Christmas In Ecuador- Francisco Segura Guayaquil Week Seventy Four

So this week we had a White Christmas. I know what you all are thinking. How is that possible if it is 105 degrees where you are? Let me explain. 

Baptism on Christmas

This christmas we decided that since snow likely wouldnt be falling that we would still have a white christmas by baptizing. Incitially the plan was to baptize Manuel. But because of a couple complications and so little failures in the planing he couldnt be baptized. However, that didnt discourage us and we were able to help someone else get baptized that day. Mirko got baptized to make it a white christmas. It was super cool. His cousin was the one who presented us to him. His cousin was recently baptized about 5 months ago. Kevin, his cousin, had the honor and privledge to baptize his cousin. It was a super special experience and it was great to be a part of it. 

Even though the first Manuel didnt get baptized that day he is still excited to do it later on. Our mission president always tells us that a good missionary is he that looks for solutions to the problems instead of excuses. We were able to find the solution to are problem. It was a great experience. The Lord definitely guided us in that situation. 

You guys should definitely enjoy the pictures. It has a little christmas theme to them.







Another Visit

I dont know but I think I must be a magnet to the assistents and to President. They always seem to follow me wherever I go. Whether is be 8 hours away or right down the street. As I told you guys last week, President showed up. This week the assistents showed up out of nowhere. It really didnt surprise me because I am so used to it but it was a great learning experience and we could honestly learn a lot. 

Investigadors

This week the Lord has blessed us with some new investigadors and some cool experiences. We could meet new people and see them in the church on Sunday. It has been a really neat experience for me that last couple months of my mission. I have really felt the Sprit working through me. Not necesarily in big ways, but in ideas that come to head, words to say, or things to do. It has been a long learning process to understand the spirit and I think I will be in this process my entire life.

Thanks for all the love and support! Hope you guys have a great New Years

Life is a Sport, Make it Count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment