Monday, February 8, 2016

Dreams Do Come True-Galapagos Week Seventy Nine

Let me just start off by saying dreams do come true.
Elder Shanklin and his companion on the Galapagos Islands

Changes

On Tuesday we had a multi-zone capacitación with our President. President put up a picture of the beach in Galápagos and told everyone what a privledge it was to be there. In that moment the assistents sent me a message telling me that I would never see that beach and that only after my mission would I be able to go and see it. I was kinda sad when they told me that. However, after they came up and told me, "Elder Shanklin, you might not get to see the beach in San Cristóbal but you will see the beach in Santa Cruz. You have changes and tomorrow you fly out to Galápagos." I think I stood there in shock for a good 2 minutes before I was able to talk and tell them that I was okay with that and I would go home and pack. That night I really couldnt sleep. BUT LET ME TELL YOU. You can look at pictures of these islands, watch videos and documentaries but nothing comes close to being here in person. It is a thousand times better than i was expecting. The members here are absolutely amazing and just love to help the missionaries. The work has been slow here lately but in a few weeks we will be baptizing. I will make sure to send pictures baptizing in the biggest baptismal Font in the world, or in other words the ocean. I am so thrilled for this privledge and blessing that was given to me. It is super hot here, but nothing beats walking up everyday in Galápagos. Plus the air conditioning helps too:) I think I have already taken like 200 pictures and I wont be able to send all but I will send a couple.
On his flight to the Galapagos

A view from the plane

Just chillin

Welcome to Santa Cruz-Galapagos Islands

Life is pretty rough!

Carnaval

Today and tomorrow is an anual party called Carnaval. The people just play in the wáter and throw wáter at each other. It really isnt that bad but us as missionaries cant leave the house. We were given time to write our families today and that is about it. So the next week I will try more to take cooler pictures.

I cant even describe how happy I am to be in Galápagos, for the trust President has in me. There are only 6 missionaries in the entire world that are here in Galápagos and I am one. What an honor.

Thanks for all the love and support.

Life is a Sport, Make it Count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment