Thursday, February 4, 2016

Music To A Mothers Ears-Francisco Segura Guayaquil- Week Seventy Eight

As I sit here and type I am still tired for the events that have taken place these last couple days. 

Baptism

I dont think I have ever had a more stressful baptism. We passed by this week to prepare everything and segure everything for Saturday. Jessica Cortez was going to get baptized. She is 9 years old and her Grandpa and her older sister are also active members of the church. On Saturday at 5 we passed by to go to the baptism and the mom was sick and didnt want to do it that day. Then like 30 minutes later she changed her mind and said that we could do it. We hurried to the church and advised the members that the baptism was back on. As soon as we got to the church the rain started. It didnt just rain, it poured. A straight downpour. We figured with the rain the members wouldnt come so we would just start the baptism when the mission leader showed up. He didnt show up for an hour. If it wasnt for the rain I am pretty sure everyone would have left. They all stayed and instead of starting at 630 we started at 8. It was raining around our whole sector with my companion looking for people and trying to get everything ready. It was a pretty satisfying feeling being that tired at the end of the day. I sent pictures so that you can see. 

The look of exhaustion on the Elders faces

The look of joy on Jessica's face

Elder Shanklin must have needed glasses to see what was going on.
Piano

So one of the missionaries so I live with plays the piano really well and my mom would be pleased to know that I have recently picked up that old talent. I wouldnt even say talent because I was never good. Slowly I am getting back to being able to play a couple himns and a couple of other songs. Hopefully at one point i will be good. 

Baptism, Next Week

This next week we have plans to have a couple of baptisms. Pray for Anthony, Roberto, and Matthew. Maybe not all will get baptized but in the next couple of weeks they should all enter in the waters of baptism. The Lord has blessed us to be able to find new people to teach, help them get to church, and then baptize then. Helpfully the Lord leaves me here a little bit longer to see the reap the blessings of the service. 

Thanks for all the love and support

Life is a Sport, Make it Count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment