Monday, March 28, 2016

A New Companion-Santa Cruz Guayaquil Week Eighty Five

Sounds like everyone was spiritually enriched in Springfield this past weekend. Wish I could have been there. But on the other hand, you all wish you could be here in Galapagos. 

New Companion

This week Elder Donayre left on Thursday. However, my new companion came on Wednesday so we spent the day in a trio. That was the first time ever in my mission. My new companion is Elder Manning. He is from Salt Lake City, Utah. We were actually in the MTC at the same time so we got to know each other like 18 months ago. He is super awesome and we get along super well. We are working super hard. The cool part about picking up your new companion is that you get to go to a different island and you go in boat. It gives you the chance to see many new animals that are only here from Galapagos. For example for the first time ever we saw the blue-footed booby and we also saw a shark. I will send some pictures so you believe me. It has been an incredible privledge to be here in Galapagos. To get to know more of Gods wildlife and get to know his children his in the islands. They are extremely blessed and it talks about them many times in the scriptures. The promises are great for those that are found in the islands of the sea. It has been a privledge to see those promises in real life.
Blue Footed Booby

Can you see that Shark fin

More of the blue footed Booby

The Work

I would be lying if I told all of you that I am the best missionary in the world and that we are going to baptize a million people here in this island. Lately, based on many factors, the work has been really slow and it has difficult for us. Throughout my entire mission it never has been super difficult for me to find, teach. and baptize. However, recently I have been experiencing things that I have never had to experience before. I am learning and growing at the same time. It has been hard and it IS hard but I feel myself becoming a better missionary and better person. In this week we have big plans to pick up the work here in Galapagos. Pray for us as we start over practically.
Thanks for all the love and support
Life is a Sport, Make it Count
Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment