Tuesday, April 5, 2016

All Good Things Must Come To An End-Maracaibo Guayaquil Week Eighty Six

This past Thursday I parted from Galapagos having been extremely blessed to have taught those people and help them come unto Christ. Leaving that Island was like leaving my house for the 2nd time. It was hard. I left having learned a valuable life lesson that will stick with me during my entire life. 

New Sector, New Companion

Back to the grind in the beautiful city of Guayaquil. I know that it doesnt even compare to Galapagos on any level but I have grown to love this city and love those that reside here. I returned to the zone I was previously in before heading to Galaps. However, I am just in a different sector. I am in Maracaibo. I am training a new missionary, Elder Montalvo. He is from Colombia and he is an excellent missionary. He will be a way better missionary than I am and will baptize more and just be smarter than me. In no time we will be sending baptismal pictures to the family. Just get your popcorn and wait for it. 

Investigadors

This week we were super blessed to find many new people and then Sunday they went to church as well. The Lord has been helping us a lot lately to be able to find those that are ready and willing to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. The Lord is always willing to help us if we are willing to help him. I have learned to rely on him more than in myself. That if I just trust in him and do what he wants me to do then he will take care of me and make sure I have success. It is a great opportunity to teach a new missionary everything you know. Even though I dont know that much. We are learning together and sometimes I think that he is teaching me more than I am teaching him. He will be a great missionary. 

Well...I didnt have much time in this sector so basically there isnt that much to talk about. Next week we will make sure to take some pictures and send them to everyone!

Life is a Sport, Make it Count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment