Thursday, April 14, 2016

It Makes The Rejection Hurt A Little Less- Maracaibo Guayaquil Week Eighty Eight

Happy Birthday to Kennedy this week as she will be 15 years old this Sunday. I think. 

Miracles

With my companion we have been working extra hard to be able to find those who are ready and willing to accept the gospel in their lives. It always talks about the chosen people in the scriptures and my companion and I are determined to find them. We have had many incredible experiences this week and we worked with the investigators that we had and found new ones. The biggest blessing of the week was Jordan. He is a young teenager that earlier in his life fought cancer and won. Since then he has realized the importance of life and has been trying to fulfill his purpose here on the earth. As we began to teach him me and my companion knew that he was a special child of our heavenly father. One of his firsts questions was, "What do I need to do to be a missionary like you guys?" He actually every knew the answer but just verified with us. He knows lots about the church already and has a burning testimony that he is willing to share with everyone. In just one week. It has been such an incredible experience to work with him and help him on this journey. He came with his sister to church on Sunday and she also enjoyed. Things are great with him and it has been a true blessing to be able to met him and help him. These are the experiences that make the reject hurt a little less, the sun not burn as much, and your feet not hurt that much anymore. It is for reasons like this that I left my family and friends an everything in the house. It makes the 2 years of work worth it.

Looking fancy in their suits

Enjoying a delicious meal

A yummy cake

A darling family 

Elder Shanklin and Elder Montalvo

The great thing is...he isn't the only one. We are working with another couple that have plans to get married and then baptized that very day. They are excellent people and the have testimonies of the church and desire to be sealed in the temple in a year from now. 

The Lord has blessed us a lot and we are in debt to him for the blessings his has given us. Sometimes I dont feel worthy of the blessings and things that he gives me. For that I know that he loves me and watches over me. 

Thanks for all the love and support! Have a great week!

Life is a Sport, Make it Count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment