Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Work In Progress-Machala Week Eight

A big thank you for all the prayers that are headed my way. They are and always will be appreciated.

Karma Stinks
Let me first say that I know my mom will get a kick out of this. Whenever my mom made Rice and Chicken I would complain. Now guess what I am having for every meal. You guessed it...Rice and Chicken. It honestly never changes. I dont know how they do it, but for every meal rice and chicken. I think sometimes that the Lord has a sense of humor with me.
Elder Shanklins Casa


Drunk Experiences
Nobody ever watches them but we all know those TV shows about out of body experiences, or experiences with aliens and what not. I would like to relate or create a TV where I share my stories about what happens with drunks. For some odd reason drunks love me or should I say white people. I have been hugged multiple times, asked if I knew my country was at war and ask how come I wasn't serving?, and forced to write some random drunk dudes name down. Also, I would share experiences with these super weird dudes. They dress up like with balloons...and you get were I am going but they love missionaries too. They will yell at us and run up to us. Plus, little kids love me too. I am okay with that because I can sorta speak with them. They are amused that I can speak English. 
Elder Shanklins area is on the coast of Ecuador




#GringoProbz
There is a twitter handle called @mormonprobs and I would like to change that to Gringoprobs. I know my spanish isnt terrible but for some reason I think that just because I am a gringo some peoples minds just turn off when I start speaking spanish. It is all good tho because I have hope that eventually I will learn...maybe. I have decided that I would take a bullet in order to be fluent in spanish, under certain conditions. No future problems and I am good a couple days after surgery. Also on a good note I am starting to actually comprehend what people are saying.
Just some great views

Cool little boats

This picture was for Ryker

Investigators
L is still moving along great and we have a baptism planned for him on the 18 of October. If things keep going as they are it could be sooner. This week we came in contact with W. He has 2 kids and his girlriend who is a member of the church. Well we starting taking to them and he has a strong desire to turn his life around and get it in order for his kids. They came to church on Sunday and have a date for marriage too (story later). Both are super awesome. We are going to visit him tonight to see how everything is going.
Ecuadorian Scripture Case
The first of many treasures from this great land!

Sunday Funday
This Sunday I was asked to give the closing prayer in church. I think I did good because people told me they could understand me. So thats good, right? Also now for a story. W and E are not married. In the middle of Sunday School our ward mission leader ask them why they weren't married. They both said they didn't know. He then left, came back with the Bishop, and told him or ask him if we would like to propose. So yea there was a proposal in the middle of Sunday School yesterday. Never would have expected that.
Elder Shanklin and his Zone in Machala!

Another great week. Wish I had more time to tell you all about it but I dont. This defintely isnt a easy thing to do but I am having a great time out here. I think when I know the language it will get even better. Thanks for all the love and support

INSERT COOL SAYING LIKE BRADY

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment