Friday, September 5, 2014

Adios Mexico; Hola Ecuador-Mexico CCM Week Six

Crazy to think that my time has come to a close here in the Mexico MTC. I want to thank everyone for all the love and support. Time is flying by and next time I send a letter it will be from the lovely country of Ecuador. 

Flight Plans

On Tuesday I recieved my flight plans to leave to Ecuador. I will be boarding a plan at 2:15 on this next Tuesday morning. We have a layover in Colombia Bogota. So if I dont send a letter that means I probably died and my American flag suitcase is lost. But anyway I am super excited to leave here and finally get to choose what I want to eat. 

Power Outage

On Tuesday night around 9 oclock all the power in the MTC went out. It normally happens but immediately the power will turn back on. This time the power stayed out. We went outside and everyone was out there with their flashlights just looking around. Everyone joked that since the power was out the cameras didnt work so we should jump the fence and hit the city. As you all probably have figured out we did not do that. Instead we just chilled in our houses. Then about 11:30 the power came back on and woke everyone up. It was rough but pretty awesome.

Homie from Atlanta

This week during one of the devotionals I was talking with one of Elder Thomas´s friend. Then all of a sudden his companion turned to me and asked me if I had family in Atlanta. I told him I did and that they were just at my house before I left. Come to find out he is practically neighbors with my cousins and that they go to his house from seminary (or something like that). The people you met in the MTC is ridiculous. I would have never imagined that happening. Cool stories from the CCM. 
Elder Shanklin and Elder Baker (his little brother is my Nephews Best Friend)



If You Like Pina-Coladas, and Getting Caught in the Rain

I am pretty sure in Mexico they have everything flavored Pina-colada. From candy, to water, to yogurt, and probably anything else you can imagine. In case you are wondering it isnt that good either. The weather in Mexico is ideal minus to the rain. It hardly ever gets above like 75 and there is always a nice cool breeze. However, just like Springfield, it can go from sunny to rainy in about 5 minutes. This week me and my companion got caught in the rain atleast 3 times. We forgot our umbrellas so we would just sprint back to class and by the time we got back we would be drenched. I guess it is good practice for Ecuador tho.
Elder Shanklin and Elder Thomas with packages they received in the CCM.
(Notice all the water bottles in the background!)

Adios Mexico

These past 6 weeks have been some of the hardest but most fun 6 weeks of my life. Of course I miss home and all but I realize the importance of what I am doing. These past 6 weeks have gone by so fast and from what I have heard from others is that when you get to the field it only goes faster. Maybe one day I will come back and visit Mexico City and instead of being trapped inside a ten foot concrete wall I will get to see what it is really like. Here at the CCM I have met great people, had great teachers, and I think I have learned Spanish. The Lord has called me to serve and I now he wont let me fail. The language will be a struggle, it will be like a foreign language when I get off that plan. However, that has been a moment I have long dreamt about and I am so excited. 

Sorry the letters have slowly gotten shorter. There is only so many things to write about it week. Days are repetitive. We did teach our last investigator here at the MTC so it really has hit me that me time here is over. (Not that I am sad or anything). Best of luck to everyone! 

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment