Sunday, September 6, 2015

Pacience Pays Off-Isla Trinitaria Guayaquil Week Fifty Six

Mom note:  Yes I know "Pacience" is spelled wrong but I wanted everyone to see how the spanish and english language are combining in Elder Shanklins mind! (If you already hadn't noticed.

This week was an awesome week for a missionary and so I will just explain it right away.

Surprise Baptism

Recently about 2 months ago we help a women returned to church that had been inactive for 22 years. At that same time she presented her daughter to us. She has been going to church for the passed 8 weeks and has enjoyed it. We have been teaching her and everything but for some reason she wouldn't get baptized. We prayed and did everything possible. She told us she had doubts and fears. I am not really sure what it was that happened but after a lesson we extended the offer to her to get baptized on Sunday after Stake Conference. She accepted and lets just say I was thrilled. After 8 long weeks and much effort she finally got baptized on Sunday, and lets just say that it was one of the highlights of my mission. I might have hit her head on the wall on the first baptism attempt but other than that it was super cool. I sent pictures so that everyone can enjoy it as well. 
Love the smiling faces

Baptism Day
A celebration

All smiles

President and the Assistents

Sometimes I think that they follow me because they always seem to be in my zone. This week President showed up by complete surprise to our meeting on Tuesday. He helped us get the missionary excited and the talk with us for a little. Always great talking with President. On Saturday the Assistant showed up for the 2nd straight week. We are working good here in the zone so it is not because we are low. They also delivered a very powerful message that helped the missionaries work harder. It is always great having the support from the assistants and president.  We also say president on Sunday because of Stake Conference. 

Monthly Leadership Training Meeting

The Mission continues. I officially have 13 months in the mission. The down hill slope has begun. I honestly still feel new here in the mission and I think I will always feel like that. Time is flying and it is unreal. 

Life is a Sport, Make it Count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment