Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sacrifice Brings Forth Blessings-Isla Trinitaria Guayaquil Week Fifty Seven

Well this week was an interesting week with leadership council with President, trips to the hospital, and much more.

Leadership Council

On Tuesday we had our monthly leadership council with President Torres. Basically the leaders from the whole mission come to Guayaquil to recieve training and a capacitacion from President and the Assistents. This Tuesday was super awesome. We learned about the impact that our thoughts and desires have on success and results in the mission. We read some cool stories and watched a video that the assistants had put together. It is always good to be with President. You can feel of his love and care that he has for all the missionaries. Also there I say a couple of my past companions and it was good to see them and see what is going on in their life and with their mission.
Leadership Council

Leadership Council

Hospital

On Wednesday right after lunch we recieved a call from the assistants that we needed to go to the hospital to see one of our missionaries that was there. Lets just say he had had a rough night in the bathroom and was not great so he went to the hospital. We brought them some clothes to change. President asks us to do interchanges with them, so I gladly sacrificed myself to stay in the air conditioned room with the missionary the whole day. It was a hard time ;) However the missionary right now is okay and is still alive so that is good. Seems like this whole zone is sick here with the randomest of things. 

Birthday

Well today is my companions birthday so Happy Birthday to him. He is 21 now and keeps himself alive in the mission. We will be partying tonight with cake and pizza. I know, I am a great companion. 

Well I now have 3 months in this beautiful island and everything goes well. Time is flying. There are changes tonight so we will see if it is my time or no. Either way I will serve wherever the Lord sends me.

Thanks for all the love and support

Life is a Sport, Make it Count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment