Sunday, October 11, 2015

I Feel Like I Am In A Lord Of The Rings Movie-Loja Week Sixty

So this week has been full of some pretty exciting things and I think you should enjoy the email and the pictures that I will send. Basically this week involved a lot of traveling. 

Changes

Basically, right now in this moment my old companion is sitting in his house probably watching TV or playing on his new phone. For that reason this week I have a new companion. His name is Elder Collins, and is from Payson, Utah. He has like a year in the misison and it is my responsibility to train him as a Zone Leader. He is a good missionary so it shouldnt be that hard of a task. The best part is that from here to Guayaquil is an 8 hour bus drive.  I showed up to get my new companion on Tuesday and was informed that he was in the temple so I had to wait with the assistants. Always a good time with the assistants because they are some good friends. After the temple, me and my companion had the privledge to attend the meeting for the new-bees here in the mission. We even got to bring one back to the zone with us. Elder Alder began his mission here in Loja. This guy is going to be a way good missionary in the near future. He works hard and always has a big smile. We all traveled together back to Guayquil. Lets just say that 16 hours were spent in a bus. Ask my mom how my relationship with long car rides are.



;
Elder Collins and Elder Shanklin

Elder Shanklin and Elder Collins

This time with matching ties.

Zamora and Saraguro

Here the zone is absolutely huge. The zone extends 2 hours to the north and 2 hours to the east. This week I had the opportunity to travel to both of those places. The trip there is absolutely breathtaking. It is filled with waterfalls, views of mountains. I feel like I am in the Lord of the Rings movies sometimes when I see some of the scenes. We took like 200 pictures so I am sure I wont send all of them but I will send a few. It is incredible to have a zone so big and with such different type of culture in the cities.




The Rest of the Week

After all the traveling finished we finally could work in our sector in peace and that is what we did. We worked super hard this week in order to find new people to teach and help. Although the success isn't what we would have like, we know that if we keep working the Lord with bless us with success, maybe even more than we were expecting.

Hope you enjoy all the pictures we took. Loja is an extremely beautiful place and the views are stunning. Thanks for all the love and support. 

Life is a Sport, Make it Count
Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment