Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Good Solid Week-Francisco Segura Guayaquil Week Seventy Seven

This week was just a good week. Nothing spectacular happened or noteworthy but we were just able to do the Lords work and do it good. 

Blessings

This week, like all the other weeks of my mission, we were able to see many blessings as we worked hard and were obedient to the rules and commandments. The first blessing and probably the biggest-There is a couple that has been going to church for more than 5 years and are not married and for that purpose they cant get baptized. This past week they called to imform us that they have a meeting to get married on February 13 and then that Sunday they will be getting baptized. It was literally a miracle. Hopefully the Lord lets me stay a little longer to witness this baptism to be able to be a part of it. Should be a super special experience. The whole ward is super excited to see it too. Blessing number 2- We have been working with our converts like we normally do and this Sunday one of our converts, Mirko, brought 2 of his friends to church. We have started to teach them and are helping them prepare for a baptism too. Blessing number 3- This last week we were finally about to take out permision from a mom to let her daughter get baptized. We had been working hard with the both of them. The mom finally said yes and the daughter will be getting baptized this saturday. 

WorldWide Broadcast
Elder Shanlin with the little yellow arrow!

On Wednesday there was a world wide broadcast for the missionaries all over the world. Many prophets and apostles spoke and instructed us in the missionary work. If I told you that I learned a little I would be completely lying because I learned so much. It was incredibe the spirit that could be felt and the revelation that was recieve. I now know how to be a better missionary adn in what I need to improve to become the misisonary that the Lord wants me to be. There is no place I would rather be. I love what I am doing, and there is no other work more important than what I am do. I know the Savior lives and that he lives us and he wants us to return to live with him. I am he who gives them that opportunity. I cannot and will not fail in that responsibility. Time is short but there is still lots of time left. I am going to work till the end so that there are no regrets.

I love you all and thanks for everything!

Life is a sport, Make it Count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment