Sunday, August 31, 2014

I Can Smell Ecuador-Mexico CCM Week Five

First off I would like to thank all those that have sent packages (especially the Garcia´s for the soccer jersey) and letters. It is like a birthday present when you open the mall and see a card or anything for you. It is crazy to think that it is already week 5. Wishing that I could just skip to the part where I am fluent tho. Well here we go

Fear of Diabetes

I don´t want anyone with diabetes to take offense to this. This is just my companion acting like a dingus. While we were teaching one of our fake investigators we were talking about how Christ can lift our burdens. He said Christ can help you with any problems or afflictions like diabetes. I wasnt expecting it at all so I kind of let out a little laugh and then had to look down for a second to laugh. My companion on the other hand just continued to finish the lesson like nothing had happened. After the lesson he tells me that he has a fear of diabetes and so he wanted to let her know. 

Cage Soccer

This past week I have been playing a lot of cage soccer. Practically it is a basketball court with goals at the end. The latinos here love it. So we always play Gringos vs Latinos. You wouldnt think so but occassionaly the gringos pull out the victory. The past two days I have played and let me tell you I am like Messi out there. 7 goals in 2 days is on the level of Cristiano Ronaldo if he was out there playing with us. Especially with my new Mexican soccer jersey I am drawing the respect of all people.
Mexican Soccer Jersey

When he wears this he is unstoppable!


District Across the Hall

We said goodbye to the district across the hall this past week which including some our zone leaders. That now makes us the most senior group in our Zone. We pick up our flight plans on Monday and then like the next Monday or Tuesday we fly out. I dont know how I am supposed to communicate with these people in Ecuador but hopefully they can understand white spanglish. Honestly when people say the time flies it really days. The days go by sorta slow but before you know it is time for P-Day again.
Elder Shanklin, Elder Clark and the Zone Leaders

Missionaries from their Zone

Elder Shanklins District

10 Things to Know about the CCM

1) If you ever wanted to have nachos or a prime rib sandwich for breakfast this is the place to go. 
2) It is possible to escape the MTC without the runs
3) Rice and beans go with every meal
4) They try and tell you that you will be fluent in 6 weeks and we all know that isnt true
5) Sundays and P-Days are equaivalent to Christmas
6) You have a better chance of marrying Selena Gomez then getting a hot shower. 
7) The Post Office is the root of all happiness and sadness here.
8) If the Zombie apocalypse where to take place this would be a great place to go because of the wall.
9) At night it sounds like the Hunger Games because there are loud explosions so we figure people are dying
10) The desired place for devotionals is the auditorioum...and I will neither confirm or deny that is a great place to take naps as well

Thank you for all the love and support. Heads up this is the last weeks for packages and letters so dont hesitate. 

Love 

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment