Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A New Companion & Death By Food-Machala Week Sixteen

I am just gonna jump right in

Fight Club-Bus Style
So this week while we were waiting for a bus 2 guys starting yelling at each other. Not gonna lie I was quite entrigued by what was going on even though I was only catching bits and pieces of what was being said. However, when they got on the bus they started swinging. As the responsible people that we are we tried to get the closest we could to the action without gettting involved. We decided that it would be a good idea just to wait for the next bus. 

Pizza
So this last week was my companions last week in the mission. To celebrate this we decided as missionaries and missionaries of the ward we are going to make pizza. My companion who studied culinary before the mission took control of the reigns and practically did everything. This pizza was delicious and I learned how to make pizza another way then I thought. Much better than 22 dollar pizza. I had like 4 pieces and it didnt cost me a cent. 

Death by Food
Not gonna lie, this week was pretty great when it came to food. Since it was my companions last week, everyone and their dog wanted to feed us. I think one day we had like 5 meals. Sometimes that is more meals than I eat in 2 days. Every member that we visitied offered us food. I can say that I was full most of the week. Fish, Rice, and even one family feed us hamburgers. The members here in Vencedores are amazing when it comes to this!

New Companion
So I am a murderer. When someone goes home in the mission they die and there companion murders them. So yeah I am a murderer. Sunday night we recieved a call that we had to be at the Bus terminal at 330 in the morning so that my companion could catch his bus. He was up to 1230 packing and then eventually we got about one or 2 hours of sleep. We awoke at 230 to get to the terminal. There at the terminal I said good bye to Elder Quispe and then I recieved my new companion. At 4 in the morning there isnt really that much to take about, but yea he is awesome! His name is Elder Martinez and he is from El Salvador. He has been in the mission for about 20 months. I have been blessed to have 2 experienced latino missionaries that help me learn the language and also the gospel! 

Thanks for all the support and prayers this week. Please pray for the Familia Cruz, Scarlett and Shirley. Running low on time so I apologize it things seem scattered!!

Life is a Sport, Make it count

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment