Tuesday, November 25, 2014

These Past Few Days Have Been Some Of The Most Memorable Of My Mission-Machala Week Seventeen

So I realized Thanksgiving is this week. Hope everyone enjoys there food. Yes, thank you for asking. I will enjoy my rice and chicken...

Zone Leader 4
So yours truly had the opportunity to be Zone Leader 4 for 3 days this week.  Zone Leader 1 has the most time in the mission and so forth. Not really.  The zone leaders have tons of respect and trust in us so they always ask us to do exchanges with them to help out with the zone. (They live with the Zone Leaders.)Friday, we had exchanges with them. I went with Elder Myers and we went out to help the other missionaries. First we went to help a companionship that needed help committing everyone to come to church. We spent 2 hours in that sector, had success and then moved to help the hermanas. We were there for 3 hours. I have never walked so much in my life. The people that the hermanas needed to visit lived on opposite ends of the sector. We pushed forward and helped them. We then returned to Vencedores hoping to have some time to work in our sector. We were there for literally 5 minutes when we got a call from the hermanas that we were invited to a Family Home Evening. Of course, we went.  Now most houses here are all the same but this house was awesome. 3 stories, and then like a rooftop balcony that overlooked a shrimp lake. Not to mention they gave us some delicious food. So I guess being Zone Leader has its perks. Saturday, we were enlisted again to help them. One of the Zone Leaders had a "cambio" (not sure what that is in english, sorry). Because of this we worked in a tripanionship. So saturday I was ZL 3. Pretty much we just helped carry out the baptisms in the zone that day. There were 8 baptisms so we were constantly in a taxi or in the church. After that I was ready for my bed. However, before that the Zone Leaders asked us if we could wake up at 5:00 the next morning in order to carry out exchanges with other missionaries. The other companionship needed some help, so we gladly said we would do it. So a few things I have learned from the life of a zone leader. You dont sleep that much and you hardly work in your sector. However, these past few days have been some of the most memorable of my mission, and I enjoyed it all!
Elder Shanklin found Bass Pro in Ecuador


Investigators
We are still working with Scarlet and her baptism is for this Saturday. She is awesome and hopefully everything runs smoothly. A couple others that we have started working with are Shirley, Carlos, Alexander, and Fanny. All are super awesome, and love the gospel. There are many more that we are working with too. Prayers for all would be awesome. The Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to be here in Vencedores. It is a beautiful place and the people are super nice. 

Futbol
The picture that is attached with all of us wearing the futbol jerseys is awesome I know. But we have them because my companion bought them for all of us. I am still unsure how we convinced him or why he bought them but shoutout to him for my first of many  futbol jerseys!
Elder Shanklin with his new futbol jersey!


Great memories


Ya for now that is all that I have. Sorry that it isn't a lot but this week hasn't been anything special. It was awesome getting to work with some of the leaders of the mission as well as with other missionaries.  Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and a safe black friday!
Elder Shanklin giving Santa his Christmas list.

Life is a sport, make it count
Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment